We stock a large wholesale inventory of corrosion resistant deck screws
- Epoxy coated heat-treated steel
- Grade 304 and 305 stainless steel
- Grade 316 stainless steel
We supply contractors the deck screws they need for hurricane construction projects
Top 3 types of corrosion resistant deck screws
The best decks are built to resist cracking and corrosion.
#3 - Epoxy coated heat-treated steel
Epoxy coated steel screws have an epoxy based polymer resin overcoat. The epoxy coating provides excellent corrosion resistance and is designed to adhere to the screw, even after it’s inserted into wood and synthetic decking products.
- Treated lumber
- Wood and composite decking when the decking manufacturer recommends coated heat treated screws
#2 - Grade 304 and 305 stainless steel
Grade 304 and 305 stainless steel is the most common grade of stainless steel used in exterior fasteners. Stainless steel is softer than carbon steel and may require pre-drilling, but it is useful in applications where epoxy coated steel does not provide sufficient corrosion resistance.
Some contractors prefer to use stainless steel screws that feature extra water-proofing through epoxy or ceramic coating.
The extra coating provides additional structural support since it prevents the screws from sliding out of place.
- Wood decking
- Composite decking
Grade 316 stainless steel is sometimes referred to as marine grade stainless steel, and it provides the highest level of corrosion resistance.
- Environments exposed to salt air
- Structures near large bodies of saltwater
- Swimming pools
- When using naturally rot resistant lumber such as cedar, redwood and many tropical hardwoods
- Wood decking
- Composite decking
Did you know?
The Strong-Drive® Timber-Hex screws by Simpson Strong-Tie provide excellent withdrawal and lateral load values for securing decks, docks, pilings and other heavy-duty, coastal applications. They are available in hot dipped galvanized and 316 stainless steel.
Deck screws that resist stripping
We carry deck screws and other fasteners outfitted to resist stripping because they are engineered with...
- "Star" or "square" drive head recesses
- Type 17 endpoints that eliminate the need for pre-drilling and provide lower torque during installation — which translates into less strain on the user and the installation tool
Additional types of corrosion-resistant fasteners
In addition to corrosion-resistant deck screws, we stock a variety of wholesale fasteners that have been treated to resist corrosion.
Our inventory includes:
- Galvanized screws
- Stainless steel fasteners, including deck screws
- Threaded rod
- Bolts, including timber, lag, carriage and hex head
Tools and safety equipment for deck construction
Our supply of wholesale commercial grade tools and equipment includes...
- Corded and cordless drills from brands Milwaukee and Dewalt
- Quik Drive screw driving systems from Simpson Strong-Tie
- Drill bits
- Safety equipment such as glasses, gloves, earmuffs, vests and hard hats.
Contact us to learn more about the tools and safety equipment we supply to contractors.
Temporary power systems
We carry wholesale power systems that contractors need to power their construction of decks, docks, piers and other coastal structures. Contact us to learn more about...
- Generac generators
- Commercial grade power cords